4.6.14

Gossip Girl, XOXO

Unfortunately, I was very late on the band wagon with this particular series, but am I glad that I came to watching it, and no I am not ashamed that I managed to watch it in a very short period of time.

My favourite thing about this particular series is the fashion, as the setting on the show is between the years of 2007-2012, the uprise of the trends and accessories was just as interesting as the hooking storyline! The Upper East Side bunch were extremely known for showing at many events and parties, god knows how many gowns were showcased in total! I advise everyone and anyone to watch!

Typically, my favourite character of the series was of course the charming Blair Waldorf, her poised but spiteful personality teamed with some amazing outfits kept me forever entertained. One gown in particular stuck in my mind, the beautiful orange Oscar De La Renta Pre-Fall 2010 gown matched with Oscar De La Renta heels. Gorgeous!



Another beautiful look that has forever stuck in my mind was the beautiful grey lace dress by Zuhair Murad worn by Serena Van Der Woodsen (Blake Lively), Serena was particular known for wearing very revealing clothing but this dress is simply glamour all over! Love!



Chuck Bass, the man. For those of you who don't know, Chuck Bass was the charmer of the series who stole my heart from series 2 (series 1, I wasn't so keen). He always graced us with his presence in a range of sleek tuxedos and suits. I'm most definitely a fan of the matching braces and socks!



Jenny Humphry (Taylor Momsen) was a weird one. I wasn't quite sure whether the show changed her appearance or she changed herself but one thing I always admired about her was her sense of fashion and her figure. Tight trousers, to-die-for heels and smokey makeup, not forgetting the red lip! I admire you little J!


x




Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment